Saturday, March 17, 2018

Into The Dojo


Now that I have 1 teeny tiny game under my belt, it’s time to jump back into the dojo.  I have a couple choices to make.

 

              Based on last week’s partial game, I’m going to mostly follow the internet’s advice and switch up my perspective 75-point list:

 

Armored Korps or steam cold killers:

·        Sorscha (S1 +29)

·       Marauder (-11)

·       Beast-09 (-18)

·       Man-o-War Bombardiers (Full -16)

·       Bombardier officer (Free)

·       Man-o-War Demolition Corps (Full -14)

·       Sergeant Dragos Dragadovich (-6)

·       Koldun Kapitan Valachev (-4)

·       Lady Aiyana and Master Holt (-8)

·       Greylord Forge Seer (-4)

·       Grolar (-18)

·       Man-o-War Kovnik (Free)

·       Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (-4) or

·       Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor (-5) or

·       Saxon Orrik (-4)

 

This is a balanced force with some interesting threat vectors and buff targets.  I do not know which of the 3 mercenary solos works best.  Gorman (I own the recent mini crate edition) can shut down a battle engine with blind, rust a construct, and hold flags tolerably well.  Orin covers antimagic and blows through units using chain lightning (particularly good on feat turn.)  Saxon gives pathfinder, an ok gun, and contests well with tough and stealth.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

 

As to a pairing, I’ve been wandering around with a variety of options.  I’ve mostly settled on Old Witch II in jaws of the wolf.  I looked at butcher 1 with a jack gunline but it lacks defenses and would probably get shot off the board.  Here is my tentative dojo list:

 

Jaws of the wolf or no shoot for you:

·       Old Witch II (+27)

·       Decimator (-15)

·       Decimator (-15)

·       Juggernaut (-13)

·       Victor (-34)

·       Kayazy Eliminators (-5)

·       Kayazy Eliminators (-5)

·       Widowmaker Scouts (-8)

·       Manhunter (Free)

·       Widowmaker Marksman (Free)

·       Yuri the axe (Free)


 

Decimators can push heavies out of zones and get surprisingly mobile by following up on beat back.  Alexia’s ability to deliver RFP and create solos in some matches can win games, assuming OW can protect her.  On feat turn OW turns the decimators up to 9 or 10 with rerolls on all those shots.  I am fond of the fact that if OW is standing in front of victor she gets to pick deviation direction for his shots—which can be a huge problem for some bricks.  Regardless, I have a lot of collecting to do before any of this hits the table.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment