Friday, January 17, 2014

The making of an action hero, pt41

This has been one of those weeks where I can’t seem to get it right. Last week my foot started acting up. I had already planned to workout at a lesser intensity to avoid aggravating persistent joint pain. Then my Plantar’s started kicking in. Fortunately I could tell right off what was coming and dosed up on anti-inflammatory and soked the foot in hot water. The pain and gimpy walk have persisted, but not to the point where I can’t sleep or to where I need a ride to and from work. I hate injuries. Mostly because they suck on principal but also because they give me a perfectly good excuse not to do things I should be doing, like exercising. There’s a defeatist voice in the back of my head that says that if I stop I’ll never get up the gumption to start again. Not going to let that happen. Still, not exercising right now…grrr.


On the other hand, not exercising has forced me to look at my intake. I was going to do that anyway but the lack of activity has made it a greater priority. I’m down to 283 pounds—a small drop even with no exercise. It’s my intent to end January back at or less than 280 pounds. That will see me making up all my losses. It helps that I’m back with the health shakes in the morning. It helps that I haven’t been drinking coffee in the morning and have slepped better as a result. It helps that we don’t have anything to snack on at home. Mainly though, it helps that I’m out of that holiday slump. I want progress. I want to fix my plantar’s once and for all. If hitting the diet is the only way to do that, so be it. I’m not going to exercise till I’m back at 100%. There’s no point in reinjuring myself. So, back to the diet it is.



Intake:

Morning health shake with oatmeal, mixed berries, spinach, and almond milk.

Work meal=A turkey and Swiss sandwich on wheat bread, two apples, and a couple hand fulls of unsalted almonds.

Dinner will be at a friend’s home where I’ll have one main serving, as much salad as I want, no more than 2 mixed drinks, and possibly apple pie.



No comments:

Post a Comment