Friday, September 6, 2013

The making of an action hero pt30

Entry #29. This has been a great day. Action hero training has been taking a lot out of me lately, especially with back and foot issues. I’ve countered with getting to bed earlier, a focus on stretching, and clamping down on the diet. Adding in the spiral wheel part of my club work out didn’t help matters. I’ve been stiff, sore, and in various levels of pain all week…until today. I awoke at 5:00, and for the first time didn’t feel like Cro-Magnon dragging my knuckles on the ground. Going to bed at 9 probably helped with that. Getting eight hours of sleep makes it easier to get up in the morning—who knew? I’ve been relying on inspirational music to substitute for actual wakedness while using the clubs. Recent selections have included the soundtracks to the rock, transformers, and pirates of the Caribbean. I start thinking and moving in time with the music. As the heroic score reaches its climax, I am fully vested in the action/workout. Today featured “Video Games Live” which is an orchestral rendition of popular video game themes. Finishing up with the title tracks from Halo and Castle Vania got the day started on the right note. Here at the end of the day I’m still stiff and in some small pain. My right shoulder is definitely feeling the burn and my lower back still has occasional twinges. That being said, I’m worlds better off than I was a week ago. I start off my workout fighting to stretch and move and by the end my muscles and joints are all warmed up, moving in something like harmony. Tomorrow the Brunette, WMTrainguy, his wife and son, my in-laws, and I will be going on an aquatic patrol. We’ll be posing as locals by traveling in some inner tubes—complete with a cooler full of adult beverages while coasting down the river. I’ve had some body modesty issues for years now, ever since I put on weight. Even with a shirt and shorts on, this will be a step down the road toward confronting those issues. Avoiding pool parties is one thing. I’m not going to let my hang ups stop me from seeing the people I care about though. Weigh in today was 286.4 pounds after my workout. I’ve taken back the ground I lost last weekend. I made a health-a-fied version of my pasta salad for tomorrow. It consists of whole wheat pasta, a pepper medley, plumb tomatoes, white onion, cilantro, snow pees, grated carrots, and craft light dressing. Craft is the only company that seems to actually make “light” dressings worth the name any more. Intake today: Breakfast=a health shake with a banana, strawberries, oatmeal, blueberries, and almond milk. Work meal=a pepper turkey wrap, an apple, and some unsalted almonds. Dinner=the left over meatloaf and a couple mini peanut butter cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment