Monday, August 26, 2013

The making of an action hero pt27

Entry #26. I want to be able to chase my nemesis through a junk yard followed by a pitched battle on the top of a moving train. To get to that point, I’m going to have to build up core strength and lose enough weight that true cardio is possible. So, the little things will do for now. Saturday I woke up and did my normal workout with three club sets. I seem to get more out of it when I take my time. This is probably a function of feeling rushed when I hit the clubs first thing on a work day. There’s only so much time available and knowing I’m on a deadline doesn’t help. Agent Squish and I went on a short walk before retiring to his place for a game of ascension. We returned home and had a small dinner before I ran my semi-regular dragon storm game that evening. Sunday I got up and hit the clubs again for another three set workout followed by a trip to the grocery store for dinner and shake fixins. Dinner was a salad with spinach, basal, cucumbers, plum tomatoes, carrot slivers, yellow onion, diced bell peppers, blackened chicken, asiago cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. I intentionally added a variety of ingredients so that it will maintain a nice flavor over the next two days. The spinach soaks up most of the juice from the salad making a nice marinated flavor. I had some issues picking out a dressing since for most brands the light and standard options both fell in the 60-70 calorie per serving range with 16 servings per bottle. I want my sauces to add flavor, not double the calorie count to no purpose. After that, I carried the groceries home, about a mile from store to front door. My shoulders and wrists hurt less than usual, so the plan is working…slowly. After this morning’s workout I came in at a nice 289.6 pounds. This is the start of the power week, in which I am preparing for the qualifying physical on Friday. Because of the requirements for my meds, I have to fast before the blood is taken on Friday morning. So, if ever I’m going to have a chance to push the weight down it’s going to be then. The plan for this week is as follows: • Monday, clubs in the morning, shake for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, left over salad for dinner, and stretches that evening. • Tuesday, stretches that morning, shake for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, a strong club workout in the evening, left over salad for dinner, and getting to bed early. • Wednesday, clubs in the morning, a shake for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, a shake for dinner, and stretches before going to bed early. I’ll try and cook something that night, but it might not happen. • Thursday, Stretches in the morning, a shake for breakfast, no lunch or dinner, a full workout followed by drinking lots of water, and going to bed early. • Friday morning, hit the clubs to the extent that my physical condition will safely allow, a trip to the doctor, a lunch with beef or sushi, and dinner with the friends group that evening. *This entire week will involve constant intake of water and an attempt to get a good night’s sleep. I’m not a fan of sacrifice dieting as regular readers are already aware. I do think that periodic weeks of intense dietary focus, exercise, and mental conditioning can push you past barriers. The trick is to make these periods infrequent, physically safe, and bound to a specific purpose. Properly positioned, they can set you up for success while honing your mental conditioning. Poorly executed they put you at risk for physical injury, mental stress, and possibly a complete dietary failure. The goal is to get as close to a purified state as possible. When I go in for the physical I’ll have a documented point to work from. I also want to make sure that when I go in, the blood work clearly shows my attempts to eat well and exercise over the last 3 months. This time if bad-stuff levels aren’t down, I can honestly say that it’s not for lack of trying. The brunette, agents Cherylkat, Corc, and I hit the range for some target practice this evening. We rented a glock 20 in 10mm, still searching for the brunette’s dream combination of form, function, and really big ca-boom. Sadly this didn’t make it either, leaving us to search into the depths of big bore revolver land. I love the glock 20. It’s one of the first handguns I shot regularly. Coupled with the excellent 10mm cartridge it fits me perfectly. Granted, I’m a wood and steel kind of guy, but the glock 20 is one of the few handguns I’d make an exception for in that regard. Intake today: Breakfast=A health shake of banana, blueberry, strawberry, oatmeal, carrots, and almond milk. Work meal=a few handfuls of mixed nuts, an apple, and a small container of tuna salad. Dinner=Leftover salad from yesterday with a few soy bacon bits on top left over from a previous recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment